If you are on the process of deciding whether you need to install Camera Surveillance systems or not, looking into the pros and cons of these systems can help you make a decision on how to protect your home. The pros and cons of Camera Surveillance systems can help you be aware of the positive and negative things to expect with these systems. Camera Surveillance systems have several advantages which is why they are popular nowadays. Here are the advantages of these systems and the reasons why they could be your best security buddy for your home and business.
- Keeps watch over your home and business while you are away. While you don’t have eyes you can leave behind your home and on your business while you are away, Camera Surveillance systems will serve as your eyes so that you would know what happened while you were away. Did somebody break in to your house while you are away? Did some of your trusted staff steal from you while you were away? All these you can find out because these systems record everything that happens in one place whether it is your home or your business.
- Keeps away thieves and robbers. Just one look at Camera Surveillance systems installed in your home or business premises and criminals are deterred from making illegal moves already or from trying to attempt to break in your home. This is because they never know whether someone is already looking at them through the cameras and are now trying to contact the authorities. This way, you are indeed keeping them away from harming your home. In other words, you are also preventing illegal activities from occurring especially if these illegal activities are aimed at your home or business.
- Helps identify criminals easily and solve criminal cases. Since Camera Surveillance systems record whatever is happening at home or in your business site while you are away, it also records whoever the culprit of the crime is. Identities of criminals are usually exposed or identified with the help of these systems and with this, criminal cases are solved easily. A lot of victims have obtained justice for the crimes done to them because of these surveillance systems. In other words, with these surveillance systems, investigators and the authorities won’t have a hard time solving the case for you.
- Helps reduce your insurance rates. It is true that when you install surveillance systems in your home or your business, you get discounts on insurance. Insurance is very important for homeowners but since they can be costly, it pays when you can greatly reduce the rate of insurance premiums you are to pay. You can do this if you have Camera Surveillance systems installed. Insurance rates usually increase when your home is at high risk of being broken into, so if you can reduce your risk by installing security surveillance systems, you are also reducing the insurance rates you would be paying.
On the other hand, relying only on Camera Surveillance systems for the security of your home and business may not be a good idea. This is because these systems also have their share of disadvantages. It is important that you be wary of these cons so you’ll know what to expect before you decide to have them installed in your home or business.
- Not necessarily stopping burglars and catching them at once. These surveillance systems may be able to record what’s going on at home or in your business while you are away and these systems may help identify who the people behind the illegal activities are but they are usually late in stopping them. This is because unless there is live surveillance, what you find out from the security cameras is usually after the crimes have occurred already. These systems do not transform themselves into robots that can catch the culprits right away once they are detected. They simply serve as eyes.
- Expensive. One of the most common cons of these surveillance systems is the cost. These systems can be very expensive. It requires you a very hefty budget if you want to install quality surveillance systems. So, even if a lot of people are looking for ways on how to secure their properties, not all people are actually able to afford surveillance systems. They may not be worth your money. And while you may be able to buy cheaper alternatives, they may not be as high quality as expensive models.
- They are stationary. Unless your surveillance cameras are hidden, they are not free from vandalism. In fact, since they are usually stationary, crooks can simply move them around and even spray something on it so that their illegal acts won’t be exposed. Some criminals even have the guts to destroy the camera. There is no way for these systems to defend themselves so unless they are hidden, they may still be deemed useless especially for expert criminals.
- Privacy Issues. These surveillance systems also have privacy issues because most people feel that their rights to privacy are being violated especially when the surveillance systems are hidden. For instance, inside a household, even if your purpose is for security, hiding a surveillance camera on your maid’s quarters because you want to investigate suspicious acts may be an invasion of their privacy.
Overall, when looking at security camera system reviews, surveillance systems may be your best buddy for the assurance of security for your home and your belongings. Even if they have their share of cons, they actually depend on the type of surveillance cameras you choose to install and where you install them. If you install more advanced surveillance systems, this may include alerts and warnings whenever movements or suspicious activities are detected by the camera. This way, backup can be sent right away.
Still, since there are disadvantages of these systems as indeed, they only serve as lookouts, it remains a must for home and business owners to think twice first as to whether Camera Surveillance systems are really what you need to keep your home and business secured.